The Vine Vendor Network hosted its first annual Holiday Shopping at the Hilton Event on November 4th, 2017 at the Hilton Garden Inn in Staten Island. While we were unable to secure a specific traffic count (something we will improve upon for the future), we had well over 600 attendees at our event.
This blog post is to publicly share statistics about the event based on consumer and vendor feedback via a survey, ticket downloads, and general commentary.
Eventbrite Tickets Downloaded: 629
Facebook “Attending”: 255
Facebook “Interested”: 1200
Attendee Feedback (Based on 19 Responses)
Ratings were on a scale of 1-5. 1-Unsatisfied, 2-Could Be Better, 3-Ok/Neutral, 4-I Liked It, 5-I Loved It.
Overall Feeling for the Event: 3.47
Selection of Vendors: 3.26
Vendor Attitudes/Demeanor: 4.28
Ease of Getting Around: 3.56
Time of the Event: 4.33
Maps of Vendor Location: 4.33
Professionalism of Vendors: 4.38
Vendor Displays: 3.83
How did you hear about the event? – 84.2% Facebook
Where did you travel from? – 84.2% Staten Island, 10.5% New Jersey
Did you make a purchase? – 89.5% Yes
Would you attend another event hosted by the Vine? – 57.9% Yes, 36.8% Maybe
Additional Comments (sic):
- I would of liked to of have seen more handmade crafty items.
- More independent vendors, less franchise vendors. I did like the mom and pop vendors
- I felt room was too crowded
- Nice hotel
- Maybe larger next year and more Christmas vendors.
- Very over price on almost all of the vendors. Would not go back
- Spread the tables out more. Once the place filled up everyone was on top of one another.
- Not wide enough on the last row furthest from the door
- I would have like to see less Christmas decoration vendors and more diversified sellers. Have too many decorations now.
The vendors were overwhelmingly pleased with the event with nearly 5s across the board in all categories. Only one (out of 18 completed) reported being disappointed with sales, and one other unhappy with his/her placement.
Overall, we ruled it as a great success and are looking forward to hosting more events in the future.
If you would like to get a peek at what the event looked like from the inside, check out this Facebook Live:
As of right now, we are potentially planning a handcrafted fair on Feb 10, 2018, but we DEFINITELY have booked Springtime Shopping in the Vine on April 28, 2018 and Holiday Shopping at the Hilton on December 9, 2018.