Whether you’re a new business or are a veteran business owner, we have all been through periods of dry-spells with sales. These days begin as disturbing, then doubtful, to downright depressing – we wonder if what we’re doing matters at all or if we’ll ever make a sale again; we begin to wonder if we should even bother or just pack up and quit.
There are some strategies to break your slump and make one sale every day, as long as you’re willing to put the work in. This is a really important point for me to stress. There is no such thing as a fix-easy. You must be willing to work these tips before they will work for you.
- Keep in touch with your past customers. Whether you hop on the phone, send an email, send texts, host a group on social media, send postcards by mail, you need to touch base with all of the customers who already have purchased from you, and you need to do this regularly. You cannot allow too much time to pass before touching base with your customers. You must engage them, and try to do so on a variety of platforms.
- Pop on LIVE on your Social Media. If you can get someone to help you with this, even better. Hop on LIVE on your preferred social media platform (Facebook, YouTube, etc.) to talk about one of your favorite products. Show them how you use it, explain the story behind it, demonstrate it, and field questions about it. Have the person helping you summarize what you’re saying in the comments so late-comers can catch up by reading. Make sure to directly post the product link in the comments. Do not over-saturate with more than 1-2 products. Do not go live for longer than 10 minutes.
- Write a Blog about the same product you just went LIVE to explain. Having a follow-up blog that answers all of the questions you received in the Live, or any possible other anticipated questions helps to drive traffic to your website as well as build authority in your brand. Download the Live video and upload it to your blog so you can recycle your material for multiple platforms.
- Offer a FREE returns policy. Seems counterintuitive, right? Wrong. People are more likely to not only purchase but to spend much more money if they believe they have risk-free returns (Walker Sands).
- Offer a FREE gift or FREE shipping with a minimum purchase amount. Everyone loves the term FREE. 80% of consumers have said they have chosen to make a purchase simply by reading that free shipping was available (Walker Sands). Give a reasonable minimum (that still allows you to make a profit) and offer the free shipping or free gift – common minimums range from $49-$75.
Give each of these strategies a try and we are sure you will get your customers spending! Let us know what worked best for you in the comments.